SEOTalk: SEO tips for Jewellery (Ecommerce) stores.
Creating your jewellery e-commerce website is one thing and selling through it is another. So, here are some tips to make your life easier
START WALKING BEFORE RUNNING: IS YOUR WEBSITE WORTH IT?
Fix onsite technical SEO. In short, optimise your site for Google Bot by adding correct Meta tags including Title, user-friendly URLs, H1/H2/Bold text content, alt text for images, page canonicals, Site Map, and so on.
- Mention keywords where they matter most.
- Link to internal pages on your site.
- Use a permalink structure that includes keywords.
- Remove anything that slows down your website.
- Use keywords in your images.
- Link to other websites with relevant content.
- Update your website frequently.
- Make sure your website is indexed in search engines.
- Have other websites link to you.
- Stop changing your domain name.
- Write like a human.
Also, optimise mobile load speed (use webpagespeed.org and GTmetrix), currency conversion, responsiveness, browser compatibility etc. and add unique content for each Category, Sub-category and Product pages.
Mobile optimisation is the most important thing of all because in 2020 as far as my experience goes, 95% of users are from MOBILE.
- Make sure your website’s theme is responsive.
- Your logo should look perfect on mobile.
- The font you use should be visible in a mobile view.
- The colour combinations you pick plays an important role.
So Don’t take mobile for granted. Play with it!
TRUST: CAN YOUR WEBSITE BE TRUSTED?
Apart from adding SSL (https) to your domain, we suggest below methods to improve your online trust ratio:
✔ Return Policy
✔ Detailed About us with photographs of Founders and key staff members
✔ Money-Back Guarantee
✔ Visit Our Showroom
✔ Shipping Tracking
✔ Shipping carrier and insurance
✔ Product Reviews etc
Remember that buyer validates all these trust clues before buying anything. It’s a part of building online trust with your prospect.
BLOG: ARE YOU POSTING REGULARLY WITH ORIGINAL CONTENT
The blog post should be original, informative and an ongoing effort.
Keep blogging and have at least two blogs in a week.
HAVE YOU ADDED STRUCTURED DATA MARKUP SCHEMA?
Use Schema markup to get aggregate, star-based reviews next to your products in organic search.
Pro Tip: FOCUS ON GEOGRAPHICS.
Dominating in a particular geographical region will give you an upper hand in this competitive niche.
Additional tip: Focus more content marketing including blogger outreach and guest blogging opportunities